There are 5 types of Sport Massage treatments:
– used in conjuntion with a warm-up before an event or performance to stimulate circulation so that all cells have enough oxygen & nutrients to work at their optimum level. To warm and stretch the muscle tissues in order to minimis injury.
– used after an event or performance, preferable in the first 2 hours. Post-event massage helps starts the healing process required to prevent micro traumas becoming problematic. With a combination of techniques swelling can be reduced/prevented, enables a deeper stretch and relax tense muscle fibres, the removal of waste preventing muscle fatigue & stiffness making recovery 3/4 times more effective than just resting after an event.
– used in multiple events or knock-out competitions. Between-event massage uses pre and post-event techniques to treat damage and muscle fatigue as well as preparing the body for the next event.
– part of an athletes training program to improve general performance, pinpoint & protect problem areas.
- Improves lymph & blood circulation
- Improves suppleness, ROM, tone, reduces stiffness & adhesion
- Help identify problems early
- Enhances performance
– treatment of injuries, a more focused treatment as it pinpoints problem areas e.g. past injuries, weak spots, muscle groups most in use. Corrective massage enables faster healing & recovery from injuries.
Sports Massage is not just for the athlete it can be for anyone with persistent pain, restricted range of movement or injury that can benefit. Through a consultation and body testing areas of concern can be focused on. With a home care program to allow for continued recovery.
The Benefits of Massage
The physical, mental and sometimes environmental stresses we put on our body through can be too much for us to cope with and over time we struggle to perform at ou full potential.
Massage has been used for more than a millenium in many cultures all over the world as part off or sometimes the main source of keeping fit and health.
Massage can be adapted for variuos outcomes but generally all types of massage have some degree of effectivness on the following:
Cleansing-toning-stimulating-relaxing-rehabilitating and maintaining.
It works on the physical and mental side of our body making it an all round enjoyable and effective treatment.
Packages & Bundles
6 x Treatments
It is recommended a course of six treatments is required to resolve an issue. Although this in not always the case, it is not until I have finished the first treatment that I can give you an idea on how many will be needed.
Alternatively a maintenance treatment is recommended every 4-6 weeks.
Pick Any 2
Combine any two treatments and receive 5% off. Favourite combo is a choice of massage followed with the natural face lift massage which includes a head massage.
What They Say
"Seen Jayne for shoulder and back issues from a sporting injury, re-aligned my posture in my back to allow much more flexibility, full professional service provided would highly recommended. - Darren Morris"
"I've been going to see Jayne for over two years now and she was able to get to the root cause of my severe pins and needles. Somehow the NHS couldn't manage this after many years trying. Jayne is very knowledgeable and is just great at her job. - Andrew Bowles"
"So relaxing ....!!! Best massage.. ever!! - Mariko Chan"
"Really knows what she is talking about. Helping out massively in treatment of on going condition. - Sam & Mary's Outdoor Life"
"Had my neck sorted out today been really bad for over 3 months. Would recommend using Jayne ! Really nice experience. Lovely lady. - Andrew Hayes"
"Amazing, feeling very relaxed and really helped. Gave good guidance and very knowledgeable. Would definitely go back - Emma Bacon"
"Thank you Jayne for your magical expertise in treating my lower back. I can't believe how quickly you have made such a difference. - Rosina Newton"
"Has helped me lots with aches and pains from injury as well as being very relaxing. - Luke Knight"