What is Derma Rolling
The derma roller has 200 fine medical grade needles which create multiple superficial puncture wounds to the skin leaving the epidermal layer fully intact, treating only the mid-dermis. This process triggers the body’s natural healing process stimulating the production of new collagen and elastin. At this time serums and creams are applied to the skin, allowing the skin to absorb 80% of the products instead of 7-10% if applied generally.
Skin layers :
Epidermis is the top layer providing a waterproof barrier and creating skin tone.
Dermis contains tough connective tissue providing structure and support, glands and hair follicles.
Subcutaneous layer is made up of fat and connective tissue.
Within the skin :
Melanocytes (pigment containing cells)
Sebaceous glands (produce oil)
Collagen forms a scaffold to provide strength and structure and keeps the skin taut and firm
Elastin helps the skin to return to its original position after stretching
The ageing process
As babies our skin is constantly being renewed, shredding of old skin cells are continuously being replenished by new ones. By the time we reach our teenage years, skin renewal starts to slow down and by the time we reach 45 years this process is reduced to 30 – 50%. The following are some of the basic changes in the skin which are effected with ageing:
- Collagen and elastin fibres thicken, stiffen, clump together and lose their elasticity creating fine lines, wrinkle and saggy skin.
- Melanocytes decrease and the remaining cells increase in size. Large pigmented spots, including, liver spots, age spots or lentigos, may appear in sun-exposed areas.
- Sebaceous glands produce less oil causing the skin to become dry and possibly itchy.
- Skin becomes thinner making it more fragile and giving the appearance of paler, transparent skin.
- Unshed skin cells add to the appearance of dull, ageing skin.
Benefits and Treatable Conditions
- Removes old collagen fibre and rapidly stimulates the production of collagen & elastin which help smooth away fine lines, wrinkles
- Stretch marks and scars
- Large pores
- Clears pores and follicle by gently exfoliating to stimulate blood flow
- Acne and ice pick scaring
- Thickening of the skin
- Increased serum absorption
- Cellulite reduction or removal
- Suitable for all skin types
- Suitable for thinning skin
- Minimal downtime
- Rapid healing
- Cost effective compared to other ablative therapies
- Safer than other ablative therapies
- Minimal discomfort
- Minimal/no side effects
- No post light sensitivity
Skin disorders can be caused by many conditions, including:
- Blood vessel diseases, such as arteriosclerosis
- Heart disease
- Liver disease
- Nutritional deficiencies
- Reactions to medicines
Other causes of skin changes:
- Allergies to plants and other substances
- Exposures to industrial and household chemicals
- Indoor heating
- Sunlight can cause
- Loss of elasticity
- Noncancerous skin growths
- Pigment changes such as liver spots
- Thickening of the skin
A treatment from me
- I have had special training as an aesthetic clinician and have full insurance.
- A numbing cream is applied before treatment to minimise any discomfort. All feed back from clients have said the treatment is very relaxing.
- Rollers have titanium needles made by a company specialising in surgical equipment. Each roller is surgical clean and disposed of after use.
- High quality serums are used to promote maximum results
The Benefits of Massage
The physical, mental and sometimes environmental stresses we put on our body through can be too much for us to cope with and over time we struggle to perform at ou full potential.
Massage has been used for more than a millenium in many cultures all over the world as part off or sometimes the main source of keeping fit and health.
Massage can be adapted for variuos outcomes but generally all types of massage have some degree of effectivness on the following:
Cleansing-toning-stimulating-relaxing-rehabilitating and maintaining.
It works on the physical and mental side of our body making it an all round enjoyable and effective treatment.
Packages & Bundles
6 x Treatments
It is recommended a course of six treatments is required to resolve an issue. Although this in not always the case, it is not until I have finished the first treatment that I can give you an idea on how many will be needed.
Alternatively a maintenance treatment is recommended every 4-6 weeks.
Pick Any 2
Combine any two treatments and receive 5% off. Favourite combo is a choice of massage followed with the natural face lift massage which includes a head massage.
What They Say
"Seen Jayne for shoulder and back issues from a sporting injury, re-aligned my posture in my back to allow much more flexibility, full professional service provided would highly recommended. - Darren Morris"
"I've been going to see Jayne for over two years now and she was able to get to the root cause of my severe pins and needles. Somehow the NHS couldn't manage this after many years trying. Jayne is very knowledgeable and is just great at her job. - Andrew Bowles"
"So relaxing ....!!! Best massage.. ever!! - Mariko Chan"
"Really knows what she is talking about. Helping out massively in treatment of on going condition. - Sam & Mary's Outdoor Life"
"Had my neck sorted out today been really bad for over 3 months. Would recommend using Jayne ! Really nice experience. Lovely lady. - Andrew Hayes"
"Amazing, feeling very relaxed and really helped. Gave good guidance and very knowledgeable. Would definitely go back - Emma Bacon"
"Thank you Jayne for your magical expertise in treating my lower back. I can't believe how quickly you have made such a difference. - Rosina Newton"
"Has helped me lots with aches and pains from injury as well as being very relaxing. - Luke Knight"